Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sadie Hawkings

As September came to a close, a noticable sound came to my ears. Sadies. Through the drama and clatter of Timpview High School there came one common saying, Sadie Hawkings. Sadies is a girl ask boy dance, but it is not a formal dance like Prom and Homecomming. I started to feel excited and looking forward to my first dance of my High School career. My excitment turned to disappointment when my long good time friend Annie Clark asked me to Sadies. My expectations were too high. Annie is not a bad person and I'm happy I got asked, but I wanted to go with somebody else first just to get the feel for things. Wants and needs apparently are different things. This dance for me is more of a nessecity than a want. I am determined to give Annie the best day of her life, even if it's something I did not want in the first place. It's time for me to forget about myself. It's time for me to give Annie what she deserves, a good date. Time to look on the bright side. Annie Clark>Haley Dobson any day. The only way you can conquer darkness is to bring light into the darkness.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Way to be optimistic!